Public Health Nurse
Public Health Nurses visit Val Marie once a month to provide immunizations, pre and post natal followup, and other health services.
To book Public Health Nursing appointments call 306-778-5280, or toll free 1-866-786-2510. Services are delivered within the town complex at 101 – 1st Avenue East.
Home Care Services available in Val Marie
Call 306-625-5103 for more information. Shelly Hart RN BN is Home Care Case Manager for Ponteix, Vanguard, Val Marie, and Mankota.
- Bath/shower assist
- Personal care
- Facility bath at Health centre (Ponteix or Mankota)
- Basic housekeeping
- Medication reminders
- Adult Day Program (Ponteix or Mankota). 9 am to 4 pm.
- Socializing, group activities/entertainment, lunch, coffee and optional facility bath. All for $9.50/day.
- Safety checks
- Wellness clinics: Val Marie – 1st Tuesday of the month
- Diabetic foot care
- Respite care – in home or in facility
- Meals on Wheels – delivery from Ponteix or Mankota
- Long Term Care application
Nursing services also available with Dr/NP orders:
- Medication management
- Wound care
- IV therapy
- Ostomy care
- Therapy referrals
- Oxygen testing
Val Marie District Ambulance
Val Marie EMS is available to respond to 911 emergencies 24/7, and emergencies are the first priority. In rural communities such as Val Marie, where the call volume is low, Val Marie EMS is available to serve members of the community and surround areas through the Community Paramedicine Service Program.
101 – 1st Avenue East, Val Marie, SK S0N 2T0
Anyone in the community or surrounding area can access the community Paramedicine Program. The program is designed to enhance the existing services within your own community and bridge gaps in the health care system.
Mondays 10 a.m. to 12 noon, and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Falls prevention and home safety checks
- Referrals to other agencies (Home care, dieticians, physical therapy)
- Education on medication, new/existing diagnosis and disease process
- Follow up care after hospital visits
- Home physiotherapy guidance with prescribed plans
- Patient navigator/advocate
- Patient vital monitoring (blood pressure, blood glucose, pulse oximetry, pulse, respirations, temperature)