- RM of Val Marie: 413
- Village of Val Marie: 126
- Our summers are hot and dry; many days we are the hottest place in the country.
- Val Marie gets more days of sunlight per year than anywhere else in Canada.
The Home of…
- Will James — Quebec cowboy novelist/artist. He lived in the area from 1910–1913;
- Bryan Trottier — won Calder Memorial, Hart Trophy, Stanley Cup. Bryan is a former NHL player and coach.
Farming, ranching, and tourism.
- Swift Current, SK — 120 km
- Medicine Hat, AB — 312 km
- Saskatoon, SK — 390 km
- Regina, SK — 360 km
- U.S. Border, Port of Monchy — 31 km
Val Marie has two municipal designated heritage buildings:
The Little Brick School House, located on Centre Street, across from the Visitor Centre;
and the Val Marie Elevator, at the foot of Centre Street.